Many thanks to Simon Cooper, Head of Printmaking, for providing this information.
Prints and printmaking Australia Asia Pacific
- Based on the collection at the National Gallery of Australia there is free online access to 16,000 images.
- The databases can be searched by artist, subject or print techniques
- Index to online information on printmakers, print workshops, print publishers, print galleries and public and private collections.
Print Council of Australia
- Provides information on awards, scholarships and residencies.
- Archival collection totalling over 300 prints.
- Links to many other relevant sites
Museum of Modern Art Prints and illustrated book collection
The department's holdings of more than 50,000 works dating from the 1880s to the present constitute the most comprehensive collection of modern prints and illustrated books in the world.
The British Museum Department of Prints and Drawings
The Department of Prints and Drawings contains the national collection of Western prints and drawings. It is one of the top three collections of its kind in the world. There are over two million prints dating from the beginning of the 15th century up to the present day.
- Access to images and catalogues
- Reading references
- On line publications
- Links page
Proceed with caution! Many well intentioned, links pages, blogs and notice boards dealing with printmaking can be found on the web. All are subject to the potential dissemination of outdated, inaccurate and misleading information.